The 2019 Quinta Vintage Ports are the result of an erratic growing season, with a little over 50% of the average winter rainfall in the Douro and almost none in the summer. Fortunately, showers at the end of August helped the grapes achieve more balanced maturations. Head Winemaker, Charles Symington, exercised patience and precisely timed the picking over six weeks - making it one of the longest harvests in recent years. The reward was a collection of perfectly ripe grape varieties in good quantities (averaging 1.27 kg/vine) delivering lively and exuberant wines. This was in contrast to the concentration of the exceptionally small years in 2017 and 2018.
Quinta do Vesúvio Vintage Port video -narrated by Charles Symington, Head Winemaker
Dow's Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira Vintage Port video -narrated by Johnny Symington,
Bottling now for immediate release en primeur:
· Quinta do Vesuvio 2019 Vintage Port - 775 cases
· Dow's - Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira 2019 Vintage Port - 375 cases
Limited edition case:
· Quinta do Vesúvio 2019 | 2009 | 1999 Vintage Port - 110
Bottling now for ageing and future release:
· Graham's - Quinta dos Malvedos 2019 Vintage Port
· Dow's - Quinta do Bomfim 2019 Vintage Port
· Warre's - Quinta da Cavadinha 2019 Vintage Port
· Cockburn's - Quinta dos Canais 2019 Vintage Port
For further information about the 2019 release visit The Vintage Port Site.